Body Walk is a new and unique health education program designed to educate elementary school students across the state of Mississippi on the importance of being physically active and making good nutrition choices.
The Body Walk Program provides education and activities that enable youth to learn skills needed in making good nutrition choices and developing a healthy lifestyle.
The Body Walk consists of…
• A 40 foot by 40 foot enclosed walk through exhibit representing the human body.
• Classroom activities for use prior to and following the students’ walk through the exhibit.
• A take-home book for students to read with their families.
• A list of additional nutrition education resources to use.
• Information to help publicize the event and communicate with the media.
• A school health kit.
• A parent information sheet.
Body Walk is brought to you by Mississippi State University and the Mississippi Extension Service. To bring Body Walk to your school, get in touch with your local county Extension Agent. Body Walk scheduling is open twice a year, and only Extension Agents can request Body Walk.